Spring semester starts in just a couple of days.... and I'll be honest: I'm super excited! Teenage Me is dying a little inside right now, but I really am super excited to for the new semester to start. Its a little terrifying, admittedly, but I really look forward to the challenge. Also? If everything goes according to plan (fingers crossed!), at this time next year, I'm be finishing Phase I and moving onto Phase II.
What is Phase II? Its my transfer to state university.... and well, let's just say for now that I'm thinking that the "state" won't be the Great State of Arizona. With all these changes that I have been working on lately, I've decided to make a Really Big Change, and its time to leave Arizona. There's a big world out there, and I need to see it. All of it. True, moving to a neighboring state for school isn't exactly a Grand Adventure, but its definitely outside of my "comfort zone". Plus, there are a bunch of other challenges to moving away for college when you are middle-aged (as I am), which is even MORE outside of my comfort zone. Terrifying, but really exciting too.
The unfortunate part of all this is that it will probably consume my life (and my finances) for the next few years, which means vacations will be sparse. Those that we do go on will be quick and cheap. I think we were going to try and take another cruise this year, but we are having issues trying to squeeze it in with our current schedules. (We're a two-college household right now, and each school has its own calendar. Ugh.) So, we'll just have to see how that plays out.
So... another short entry for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment