Monday, October 24, 2011

Imagine there is a witty title here.

It sure would be nice if the weather would change over to fall weather! I'm completely and absolutely tired of hot weather. The evenings and early mornings are perfect and lovely.... now if we could just extend that perfect and lovely to mid-afternoon!

In typical fall fashion, we've been busy busy busy. The house repairs seem to be completed - for now. And I'm really happy with the outcome. I can hardly wait to begin cleaning out the garage and organizing our new garden shed. Thats sick, isn't it? Who wants to clean their garage? We've been cleaning out the inside of the house as well for the last few weeks. We've taken loads of stuff to the Goodwill, and sold more on Craigslist. We have actually hung things on the walls and decorated. (Gasp!) There is more to be done, but its a really good start.

I still want to try and get some work done on the front and back yards this fall/winter. And I would also like to get some car projects done. The big limiting factor will be, of course, money.... which we suddenly have much, much less of due to some employment changes. We're adjusting, and we will make due, but it certainly puts a lot of plans on hold. We will just have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

I'm also planning on officially participating in NaNoWriMo this year, for the first time. I have always wanted to, but the timing was never right, or I didn't have a good idea, or I forgot about it, or ... whatever. No more excuses! I'm looking forward to it, and I am excited. I will write as much as I can, and if I don't hit 50,000 words by the end of November, then so be it. I will at least have a good start on something, and will have pushed myself forward toward my writing goal. Life is about pushing your boundaries, and I really need to do that more often.

A lot more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment