Friday, January 6, 2017

The difference a year makes....

Things change.

I'm not a big fan of change, but change doesn't really care. It just happens. We either to choose to accept the change and roll with it... or we try to fight it and go crazy. The past year has been an exercise, for me, in learning to accept and roll. A lot. I'm not going to go into great detail here but I will summarize for the purposes of continuity. And here's the summary... The Man They Call Bill and I have, after a decade together, parted ways. I have moved out of Chez Chaos. I lost my part time job, but I now work as a radio DJ for the university station (which I may go into more detail on in another post, actually) and as a research assistant in my dept.

So... yeah. I find myself in a somewhat different place in my life than I did a year ago. And I am still processing a lot of it, and trying to figure out what my next step will be.

In the immediate future, the only step that I am certain of is that I am starting my last year at the university. I have another busy semester in front of me, stating in just a few weeks. Its been interesting learning how to be a real full time student, now that I don't have an off-campus job anymore. I'm really excited to be starting my last year, and am looking forward to completing my degree. I have no idea right now what I will do beyond that, and that's okay. I'll tackle that when I come to it.

I feel like I'm starting over in a lot of ways this year. I'm hoping that I can begin to be okay with the changes that I have weathered, and start moving forward on whatever new path waits for me ahead.

For now, that's all I can really say.

No comments:

Post a Comment