Monday, August 6, 2012

Did I miss a whole month?

Whoops.

Time and I have a pretty tenuous relationship to begin with, and the fact that I am currently avoiding "The Outdoors" right now because its so hot that I could not possibly survive anything longer than a 30 sprint to the air-conditioned comfort of a store or my car is not helping my perception of the passage of time. To make things ever weirder, I feel like the end of summer will never ever get here, while at the same time I am terrified that OMG its already AUGUST?! How in the world does this happen? Yeah, time and me, not exactly BFFs.

So, anyway..... its still hot here. With the added bonus of HUMIDITY. Yes, that's right - Arizona is not actually a dry heat all the time. For the better part of July and August, its muggy. Mugginess that never quite turns into rain, but instead is just wet enough to make that huge dust storm turn into a huge mud storm. Washing your car becomes a lesson in futility. (This is why I stopped washing my car three years ago.) (Ok, not really, but that's what I am going with right now.) This is the part of summer that I really despise, the part that is hot and humid, and windy, and dirty, and NEVER ENDING.

Ugh. Just, ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment