As soon as I finished writing my story for NaNoWriMo... I hated it. Is that normal? I think that's normal. (Or, rather, I hope that it is normal.) I just look at the printed copy and think "This is not what I want my first published piece to be." Which is crazy, I know. Because I want my first published piece to be an epic novel full of amazing prose, engaging characters, and life-changingly deep wisdom, that immediately shoots to the top of every "best selling" list there is and stays there for months. Who wouldn't want that for their first book, right??? Obviously, a rare event and one that I really shouldn't be gearing myself up for at all.
There is nothing left but to knuckle under, dig in and start editing. Or re-writing. Or both. So why can't I do that?
Ok. Fine. Just sit there, story, and glare at me. I'm cool with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment