Monday, November 28, 2011

A few more reflections....

Ok, srsly, I was too excited about "winning" NaNoWriMo last night that I almost couldn't even sleep. Crazy, right? Whatever, I don't care, it is that exciting for me for a lot of different reasons. I suddenly want to just sit and write and write and write.... Amazing. I have written dozens and dozens of short stories and rambling its of story here and there since I was a kid, but I have never actually devoted myself to one story - one NOVEL - like I have done this past month. I don't even know how to describe what it means for me, as a writer, without just sounding like a nut.

I'm going to edit the novel, and maybe expand on some of the scenes in that process. I would really like to get it to a place where I feel comfortable enough handing it off to someone else to read. That will be a whole vast new horizon for me. I very, very, very rarely share any of my writing with anyone. It's more rare of an event than a blue moon. It's like 3 feet of snow in August in the Sahara Desert rare. I realize that at some point I need to get over my fear of rejection and ridicule and move forward as a writer. I am going to my NaNoWriMo project to try and boost myself along.

In other news, I have totally and completely neglected pretty much every other thing in my life for the last 4 weeks. Well, except for the week that I was on vacation, in which I ignored everything but the vacation. I should post some pictures of that perhaps? Our house is a wreck. I need to clean out the garage. I need to plant potatoes, do a million dishes and fifty-three thousand loads of laundry. Among other things. I feel like I may have a few too many irons in the fire right now, and I need to get some of them wrapped up before it all drags me down. I'm going to write out one of my infamous lists and focus on finishing projects I already have..... and NOT taking on new ones!

Not yet anyway. Maybe soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment