Monday, June 20, 2011

Unfinished Pasta Salad

I suffer from "how cool is that?" syndrome in the kitchen... I like trying to make really complex things, but have never made simple things. Last night (at midnight - what? Doesn't everyone cook at midnight?), I took a stab at pasta salad. I like pasta salad, but I can be pretty choosy about it too. I don't like it with broccoli, I don't like the pasta overcooked, etc etc etc.... I thought about what I do like in pasta salad and threw some junk together.

Unfinished Pasta Salad
1 package of Wacky Mac (or other colourful rotini pasta)
1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1/2 red onion, coarsely chopped
1/4 of a bottle of Kraft brand Tuscan House Italian dressing
Dried basil and dried parsley flakes, to taste

Directions:
Cook the Wacky Mac (or other rotini pasta) according to package directions. Add the chopped red bell pepper and red onion. Add some basil and parsley. Toss all with the dressing. Chill and consume.

Easy enough. It tastes good.... but it's missing "something". I want it to be tangier or zippier or... something. Also, I think the dressing makes it kind of oily. I used the bottle dressing for ease, but I think now I need to make my own dressing. Maybe something balsamic? Or rice vinegar based? Its definitely something I will have to keep tweaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment