I decided a few years ago that I wanted to take dance lessons. A national chain had a studio by the apartment that Bill and I lived in at the time, and it seemed like fun. We're always busy though, and the dance thing was easy to put on the back burner, and at some point the studio closed. A month or so ago, I started looking around on the internet for a dance studio again. I found one somewhat close to my house, and its locally owned which is great. Lessons every Friday evening. I kept it in mind, and waited for a free Friday night.
Last night, I went. The lesson of the evening was the Cha Cha.
My first impression of the place was "omg, there are mirrors everywhere". I don't know why I didn't expect that - its a dance studio. There was a good number of folks there for the lesson, in a wide range of age groups. The instructor is friendly, and very easy-going. The whole atmosphere of the lesson was very easy-going and that was a relief. It was fun, and it was a lot of work... and I confirmed what I already knew: I'm really, really uncoordinated. But, I didn't fall down or even twist an ankle, so I consider it a victory!
Also, I need some shoes that don't murder my feet. After 90 minutes of dancing, my feet were killing me! I would have stayed longer for the "open dancing" event after the lesson, but I don't think I could have enjoyed myself because my feet hurt. I'm going to hunt down some more comfortable dancing shoes before I go back.
One, two, cha cha cha, three, four, cha cha cha....
No comments:
Post a Comment