There are 6 weeks left until 2013.
How is that even POSSIBLE?!?! Where the heck did this year go? I feel like its just flown by, as quick as a wink... and then I look back at all of the stuff that we did in 2012 and I think "Wow, that's a lot of stuff!" We have had a pretty busy year... I guess I don't have a problem withe starting a new year, as much as I am absolutely not ready for the Holidays. Yeah, that's definitely what I am dreading most.
I like the Holidays, honestly. Its all the "lead up" and "expectations" that I am not crazy about. And I feel so disorganized. I have felt disorganized about a lot of things, but especially the Holidays, for the last few years. And I mean "few" as in like 8 years. Maybe ten. (Eek!)
It must be a symptom of my chronic too-much-stuff problem. That problem is getting better... but it is a frustrating and slow, slow process. I wish I had more time to work on it... or maybe some more help. Help would be amazing. I just allow myself to become overwhelmed by the problem, and then I lose focus. It is easier to ignore it, but that doesn't actually do anything to solve the issue. And, yeah, I've read all the books I want to on the subject; work on it 10 minutes a day, divide the problem into smaller parts, have a box for items to be donated by the door, stuff in stuff out, blah blah blah. All things that are easy to say, but far harder to implement, and harder still to keep up on. More projects, more stuff to keep track of, more things to find time for!! Ugh.
I need to clear some of the projects off of my plate. I really need to do that. I'm going to make that a goal for 2013, absolutely. Quit taking on more projects, and clear off some of the on-going projects. I need to focus on just a few things that are really important to me, things that fit with my long-term goals and what I want for my life.
See? Already making plans for 2013. Yeah, I'm just not ready for the new year to happen yet....
No comments:
Post a Comment