Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Here, there and everywhere...

I didn't write much about my last Out and About, about our road trip..... because I was busy packing to rush out the door again for a weekend in New Mexico with my folks. It was a 3-day hop, over and back again. In the interest of time, I flew out instead of just driving as I have done in the past.

Flying.... ugh. I used to love flying, and now its just miserable. Hurry hurry to get to the airport 2 hours early, to rush through the stupid security line, hoping not to be too humiliated in that process and then lots of waiting and waiting.... and then the flight itself, and hoping that your luggage hasn't been too mangled, or lost, or ransacked..... Its too much stress and it ruins the start (and end) of the vacation for me. I much rather prefer to drive if its at all possible.

But, thats not really what I wanted to post about.... I just wanted to follow up and say a few more things about our road trip adventure. Like, it was AWESOME. Truly. I had so much fun. We saw so many cool things, and have made a list a mile long of things we didn't have time for this time around that we will want to do next time. It was nice to spend time together, too, with no defined schedule or rush to really get anywhere at a specific time. We didn't even have hotel reservations! We just had vague ideas of where we wanted to stop each night, and then found a hotel - usually a Best Western, because they are consistent and have free breakfasts. (Woohoo! Who doesn't like free waffles?!) We camped out a few night as well, and that was also fun. We lucked out and were able to find really nice, inexpensive campgrounds that had shower and laundry facilities.

We would definitely like to go back to Durango and spend more time in that area. It was really nice, and there were a ton of things to do! The campground is just minutes away from the main drag, and the town's trolley service even has a stop there. How nice is that? Way fun. And the Rocky Mountains are gorgeous! They make all of our mountains here in the Great State of Arizona look like measly hills.

We have more adventures coming up, too! And, I'm really looking forward to getting some more work done at home this fall/winter as well. I want to do a ton of things to the yards, as well as the interior.

Always stuff to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment