Friday, January 27, 2012

I lied when I said there would be no new projects.

Seed catalogs are the devil. Especially when they have things like this in them.
Makes a great gift because who doesn't want a box of dirt?
Ok, srsly, how could I pass this up? Its an "adventure" - it says so right on the box! And who hasn't wanted to receive a big box of dirt and compost in the mail before, right? I actually planted them 10 days ago... and so far, its still just a box of dirt. It still looks mostly like this:

Dirt. Not super exciting.
but with more moisture.

Bonus picture: the "mixing process":
Those are not my arms.
Mmmmm, wet compost. It felt slimy even though the bag. Ewww....

There are also potatoes growing in the backyard again, which I will try to get pictures of. Although I won't make that a promise, because its dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home. I didn't even remember I had planted the potatoes, but they don't seem to have minded too much. (Is "minded" a word? It looks totally weird to me right now.)

And to totally and completely wreck that whole "no new projects" nonsense, I have also taken up painting and sewing, and am now working on setting up a new online shop via etsy.com. TAKE THAT, stupid New Year's Resolution, HA HA! What's that? You think I need more new projects? You challenge me?

Ok, let me see what I can come up with....

No comments:

Post a Comment