| Yeah I didn't think so either. |
| That's it... follow the sign into the desert. What could go wrong? |
And behold!
| APPLES! |
Bill and I spent our Labor Day picking apples at the Date Creek Ranch, about 20 minutes the other side of Wickenburg. We picked, and picked, and picked....
| Box 1 of 2 - 56 pounds total!! |
And then we came home with our bounty and made applesauce! ... for which I have no pictures, because it was late and I was tired. I will try to remember to post pictures later. It turned out delicious, and we canned 6 big quart jars of it. I think we only used about 12 - 15 pounds of apples, so I'm pretty sure there will be more applesauce (and pie, and fritters, and butter, and juice, etc) in my immediate future.
So, now that we have delicious fresh apples, and my house smells like apples... can we have the Fall weather to go with it?
No comments:
Post a Comment